[Xerte] Re: Chmod for web published by Xerte 2.18

David Perry DPerry at hull-college.ac.uk
Tue Apr 23 11:19:50 BST 2013

Hi

It's hard to know what the option is because chmod is a linux thing. Programs (i.e. the web server software) run as a user on linux (and windows), but in linux you can put that user into a group (usually for security reasons). So you'd need to get the gory details of that from the server administrator (and for security reasons you might not get it out of them) - so, your best bet is to speak to a server administrator.

HTH.

Dave

David Perry
eLearning Technologist (L34 - Library)
Hull College Group
Wilberforce Drive, Queen's Gardens, Hull
HU1 3DG
Extension 2230 / Direct Dial 01482 381930