[Xerte] Re: Upgrading xerte online toolkits to 1.8
ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Sep 10 16:14:05 BST 2012
I was planning to write up some instructions and.or screencast but haven't
found time yet. Here's a quick summary:
1. backup existing database and directory just in case
2. drop 1.8 code over top of existing code (for an upgrade you don't need
the setup folder)
3. visit the install to test the basics are working ok via guest access e.g.
create and test an LO
4. If you are using LDAP for authentication visit
http://yourinstall/upgrade.php to copy details from sitedeatils to ldap
5. change from guest to ldap or one of the other authentication options in
config.php by commenting/un-commenting the relevant line
6. If you are using Moodle for authentication read and follow the
instructions in the moodle_integration_readme file
7. refresh index.php and test login and creation etc
From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Remy Olasoji
Sent: 10 September 2012 15:33
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Subject: [Xerte] Upgrading xerte online toolkits to 1.8
Could anyone point me to a set of instructions for the above please? I am
experiencing some problems upgrading on a Linux web server so will
appreciate any help.
This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and
may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in
error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not
use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any
attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do
not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.
This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment
may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system:
you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the
University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Xerte