[Xerte] Flashpaper and the like

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 25 12:39:30 BST 2012

Is anyone out there using a free software solution for converting their
Word or Open Office Writer documents to .swf files similar to flashPaper?

Recent discussions on the list lead me to look at free options and I found
pdf2swf, part of the swfTools download.

However at present its viewer appears limited in that I cannot find a way
of increasing the width of the display window whilst retaining the same
height, so as to allow for a larger size text display, without causing the
display to be distorted horizontally.

Is anyone else using pdf2swf?

Does anyone know of any other completely free, unrestricted, software
alternatives?

I am already aware that Open Office Impress has an export to swf option.
What I am looking for is something that will handle Writer documents or
will take the output that would be printed and convert it to a swf file.

Kind regards

Johnathan