[Xerte] Re: Moodle Patch

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Sat Aug 25 11:21:17 BST 2012

Hi

not sure why my original reply didn't go to the list but anyway I'd suggest
the following:

1. Restore the XOT 1.8 files e.g. make sure there are no old moodle patch
files still in place

2. At the bottom of the xot config.php enable guest authentication rather
than moodle authentication and make sure the basics work via that method
first. If not report back to the list.

3. If you have admin access to your moodle visit the phpinfo page and check
the session.save_path value that will show the path to your moodledata
folder not the install folder but the first part of that path will show
something like /home/username/moodledata/sessions/ so then you can work out
the path to your moodle config e.g. something like
/home/username/moodle/config.php

4. Visit the xot management page and check or add that path to the
integration path field and click save

5. Change the xot config.php  to use moodle integration rather than guest
authentication and verify that it now works. If not report back to the list.

HTH

Ron