[Xerte] Re: Hyperlinks in Xerte 1.17

KnowledgeWare knowledgeware at kccsoft.com
Sun Apr 1 21:57:13 BST 2012

I'm following this thread and trying to visualize how the connector pages
might work.

I've been using a menu like the image below from my AW days and reluctant to
let it go. 'Parts' (chapters?) are listed on the left, and when clicked on,
'Modules' (basically groupings of pages) appear in a sub menu on the right.
I'm reading your posts Stephanie and wondering if you are doing something
similar to this?

Since this is the desktop version I can build separate frameworks for each
part and jump there. In toolkits however, with a linear flow, I can't do
that. Is there a way with the connector pages to duplicate the type of
navigation above - parts/modules - where module 2 jumps to let's say page 5
- 10 then returns to the main menu, module 3 jumps to page 11-15 then back
to the main menu, etc? So.we have a great big linear toolkits presentation
but the menu breaks it into parts/modules 'learning chunks'. Is that
possible?

Also - once the user 'returns' to the main menu, is there a way to mark
(color change, checkmark etc.) which menu choice has been completed?

Thanks

RonM2

Further to my earlier email regarding the Menu Connector page. I have now
added the facility to supply the page with a list of pageIDs that you want
listed in the menu. That way you could have a project set up as follows

Title page

Main menu - listing pages Introduction, Chapter 1 menu, Chapter 2 menu,
Chapter 3 menu etc.

Introduction

Chapter 1 menu - listing all the pages in chapter 1

Pages 1 - n of chapter 1

Chapter 2 menu - listing all the pages in chapter 2

Pages 1 - n of chapter 2

Chapter 3 menu

etc.

That should cover pretty much any project structure.

Kind regards

Johnathan