[Xerte] Re: question re inserting quiz.rlm into desktop xerte

KnowledgeWare knowledgeware at kccsoft.com
Fri Sep 23 19:17:54 BST 2011

Thanks to all for suggestions on this but I'm still confused.maybe it's
terminology.

I find the hierarchy of desktop/toolkit / wizard/model/template very
confusing to understand.

I have always been confused by this - please tell me if I'm doing something
wrong or if my install is not correct.

I'm in the desktop xerte, and I choose the 'template' menu. I'm confused as
to what templates are and how they differ from 'wizards', but I will read
more of the help files. Further down that menu are the a) b) c) menus which
I believe are the page 'wizards'. I select the e) interactivity / quiz and
the 'Open the wizard?' dialog comes up..I click 'Yes' and desktop xerte
minimizes to the task bar and that's it. No wizard opens, and I cannot
reopen xerte from the task bar. The only option is to shut it down and start
the cycle over again.

What should be happening here? I'm assuming that the wizard should open,
then I populate the wizard and 'save' it, correct? What happens after that -
should the wizard get inserted into the desktop xerte flowline, or do I need
to shutdown, then restart desktop xerte and somehow import the wizard (ie as
a model?)

Thanks

RonM2