[Xerte] Re: Can't get export to work

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 10:40:15 BST 2011

> BTW: maybe the bug that reacts to whitespace at the end of the database.php file (or the one that puts it there, or both).. should be eliminated too?

It should be in trunk and hte 1.8 branch, do not worry. A new zip will appear soon with the fix in it.

> Sideline: the package as delivered also contains a lot of DOS formatted text files. The software seems to cope with that, but maybe we should create a Linux version, package it as a RPM, and put that on site too? I'm currently rather busy with various stuff, but would like to contribute to this project, as a good Open Source VLE (on any platform) is of great value.

It's a non-issue (line endings).

If people want a .deb or something then it wouldn't be too hard to create, but there are still some manual steps required when installing Xerte (e.g. choosing what to use as 'index.php' and so on).

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd