[Xerte] Re: not working

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 13:46:46 GMT 2011

On 31 Oct 2011, at 23:49, Robert Chalmers wrote:

> A little bit closer to the action.
>
> A completely new install gives me
>
> The sitedetails LDAP preference query insert into ldap(ldap_filter)values('cn=students') has failed due to Field 'ldap_knownname' doesn't have a default value
> The sitedetails copyright query update sitedetails set copyright="© Copyright University of Nottingham 2008" where site_id="1" has failed due to Incorrect string value: '\xA9 Copy...' for column 'copyright' at row 1

That looks like we're not setting the character encoding correct in the MySQL connection properly...  that's something for me/whoever to fix

(set names 'utf8' etc etc.)

David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd