[Xerte] Almost there - then Page Templates event broadcasting became inconsistent - any ideas

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Fri May 20 11:24:38 BST 2011

I would have posted this to the xertetrans group but could not see how to
attach a file to the message.

I am trying to finalise my language demonstrations and have hit some
inconsistent behaviour in Page Templates.

It appears to be very similar to what was being experienced with the auto
play of narration, so I am hoping that Julian or Pat may be able to throw
some light on a solution to the problem. The problem Page Templates project
is attached.

If you preview the project, the project runs and there is an event broadcast
by the title page but the event fails to be executed. This is critical to
the languaging of pages because it loads the language file.

However if you carry on to page 2 then return to page 1 the event is
executed by the Title page.

Also if you take the text page and move it up the project tree so that it is
page 1 then preview the project, when you move to page 2 (which is now the
title page) the title page broadcasts the event and the event is then
executed loading the language file.

So what have I got to do to get the event to execute correctly when the
title page is the first page in the project?

For reference there are minor changes to the templates.rlt file as follows

The entry frame has its templateData property set to the languages.xml file.
An extra event "loadLang" has been added to the narrationHandlers
Interaction, with a script to load in the languages.xml file.

The title.rlm and quiz.rlm file have a little extra code to allow them to
function in PageTemplates and Page Wizards. There is additional code to set
up language codes for the project but this all runs after the execution of
the event is completed, so should have no impact on matters. Besides once
the event runs everything else works like clockwork!

Any ideas that can lead to a solution will be more than welcome!

Kind regards

Johnathan