[Xerte] Re: Almost there - then Page Templates event broadcasting became inconsistent - any ideas

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri May 20 11:31:48 BST 2011

I've had some similar issues to deal with as well. I haven't looked at the file, but here is what I would think about / try and do:

Bear in mind the flow of execution. It's basically a sideways dive through the xml tree. All children are parsed, then one by one, each of their children are parsed and so on, as you know. Is it possible that your broadcast is happening before the event response is set up and ready for action (can you debug the interaction ID of the event interaction?

Secondly as the xml is being parsed, events can cause the parsing to happen out of sequence, as you can jump around before the main parse has finished.

Something to try is to put the event handler on its own interaction icon somewhere and see if that fixes things?

Alternatively force a 0 second wait before broadcasting your event? That will ensure the first parse is complete before you start jumping around, and things should be set up.