[Xerte] FW: Gap Fill Narration & Native SWF

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Mar 28 12:58:59 BST 2011

From: Joel Reed [mailto:joelreed1 at googlemail.com]
Sent: 28 March 2011 12:17
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Subject: Gap Fill Narration & Native SWF

Hello,

I have two simple queries regarding the Xerte Online Toolkit platform.

The first relates to adding Narration to Gap Fill questions. Currently whenever I add a Narration file (MP3) to one of my Gap Fill question slides it simply dosen't appear below the title bar as it should, which is strange given that the Narration feature seems to work on the rest of the question types. Is this a common fault?

Secondly when adding a Flash animation (AS2) in Xerte, the 'Native SWF' function doesn't work and as a result the animation will not auto-play; instead you have to run the animation via a 'Control Bar', which has to be manually clicked. I wondered whether anybody had found a tecnique via AS2 to get Flash files to auto-play on entry to the slide.

Kind Regards,

Joel