[Xerte] Re: Students creating with Xerte - short video from Epping Forest College

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 10:31:16 BST 2011

When delivering Xerte training I'll often say something like "even if you
aren't yet convinced about xerte yourself the real power and potential of
the tools is if you enable and encourage your students to use XOT for
authoring not just consumption e.g. rather than you creating the
interactions or quizzes just set an activity where your students are asked
to create the questions and answers" I said something like this during
training on Friday too and the reaction from some delegates is unfortunately
sometimes full of doubt and scepticism and pre-conceptions of how such a
strategy wouldn't work with their students!

Vikki and her colleague Souad attended a couple of days Xerte training I
delivered for RSC-London previously and although I'm not trying to take any
credit for their subsequent use of Xerte with students what was great is
they saw and embraced the potential and flexibility of the tools from the
outset and thanks to the JISC TechDis sandpit were able to do so immediately
even before having their own installation. They plan to implement their own
installation soon and clearly hope to cascade the good practice already
achieved. This will include a full case study supported by JISC Techdis.

Well done Vikki and Souad - can't wait to see and hear more!

Ron