[Xerte] Problem Getting Started with Page Wizards - for attention of JK

Deborah Delin admin at strivney.com
Tue Mar 1 18:58:30 GMT 2011

Hi again Jonathan,

Thank you for explaining how to access the Page Wizard instruction file and
for the obviously huge amount of work that you have put into the wizard
project.  From your explanation it sounds like the perfect vehicle to enable
a non-coder like me to get exactly what I want out of Xerte.

Despite repeating the instructions several times, I have been unable to open
a wizard (I think) and I am not sure if there is a bug in my installation or
I am just being dense (most likely).

I followed the instructions for  "*Starting a Xerte project that will use
Page Wizard*" but when I get to *Open the Wizard>Yes* the rlo flies down to
the minimize tray and is impossible to maximise.

In the instructions for editing Page Wizards you say:

*1. Double click on the page icon to open the Wizard interface for any Page
Wizard*
*
*
Sorry, but how do I open a Wizard once it has been closed?  What exactly is
the *page icon*?  Where is it?  In the file I have created or in the Xerte
project screen?  Is it the object with the piece of green jigsaw puzzle
circled in screenshot below?  When I double click on this I get the standard
Xerte screen with data already in it (top pic of screenshot), but from your
description I understood that the Wizards work from the simplified screen
used in the Page Templates or On-line Toolkits?

So sorry to be so confused.  I would really like to master this and thank
you very much in advance for your patience.

Deborah