[Xerte] Re: Google maps template in Xerte Online Toolkit

Alistair McNaught Alistair.McNaught at HEAcademy.ac.uk
Thu Jun 30 11:14:40 BST 2011

Just tried it on JISC Techdis sandpit and I get the same - except if I
click on the map of the world in FF it opens a new window with the map I
want...

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Usher Julie
Sent: 30 June 2011 10:01
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Subject: [Xerte] Google maps template in Xerte Online Toolkit

Hi all

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the maps added using the google
maps template in Xerte Online? In Internet Explorer (8) I just see a
blank white square, and in Firefox I see a map of the whole world...

I'm a relatively new user so I may have missed something obvious - any
advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Julie Usher

Learning Technology

University of Northampton

Boughton Green Road

Northampton NN2 7AL

Phone: 01604 892558

Skype: jules_u1

Twitter: @LearnTechUoN

Web: northampton.ac.uk/learntech
<http://www.northampton.ac.uk/learntech>

Ranked number 1 in the UK for Value Added

The University of Northampton has achieved the top ranking among UK
Universities for 'Value Added' in the Guardian Universities League table
for 2012. See more about this on our website
<http://www.northampton.ac.uk/news/article/133/the-university-of-northam
pton-is-no-1-for-value-added--the-guardian> .

Award winner - Outstanding Higher Education Institution Supporting
Social Entrepreneurship 2011 (UnLtd/HEFCE)

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended
recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly
prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating
this e-mail or any information contained in it. We virus scan all
E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given
that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should
undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor E-mail
communications through our networks is reserved by us.

message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the
University of Nottingham.

computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email
permitted by UK legislation.