[Xerte] Youtube Dimensions

Adam Read aread at marjon.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 09:45:15 BST 2011

Hi wizards

I'm  wondering how tricky it would be to create a copy of the youtube template (XOT) and modify it so a user could specify the dimensions of the player? I notice the standard flash video page template allows a user to enter their specified size (separated by a comma).

I've had a look at the youtube page template, just to see if I could directly change the size of the video (to 480, 272) but wasn't sure which values to set!

On another note, is there a way to force it to play a HD stream? I've ticked the HD option in the YT embed section, which appends "HD=1" to the URL, but that doesn't seem to effect the quality in Xerte.

Cheers, Adam

University College Plymouth St Mark & St John,  Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BH
            Phone:  01752 636700     Web:  www.ucpmarjon.ac.uk
 Principal: Professor Margaret Noble A Church of England College Founded in 1840
University College Plymouth St Mark & St John is a registered charity the trustee
   of which is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No. 986239