[Xerte] [Xerte 3] Problem getting Xerte 3 running with Windows 7

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 12:03:30 GMT 2011

Should run 64bit and shouldn't need to add any more paths.

I would try making a batch file with a simple mxmlc call in it:

--
mxmlc C:\test\test.mxml
pause

place a simple mxml file in c:\test that you can compile.
See what happens. Then start adding in other parts of the command until we find the problem.

I think it might be the (86) in the path that is screwing things up.

fcsh is an mxmlc wrapper that makes mxmlc fast to re-use when compiling projects.  fcsh has handy features like not handling spaces in file paths, and Xerte's method for getting short filenames is not bulletproof yet. [I've logged a bug with the Flex team]