[Xerte] [Xerte 3] Problem getting Xerte 3 running with Windows 7

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 11 10:30:32 GMT 2011

I am just setting up a new PC running windows 7 home premium, it has the
latest version of Open Office installed which has installed the Java
runtime.

When I first installed and then tried to run Xerte 3 (having configured the
location of the flex sdk in the Xerte config file) I obtained an error
relating to

C:\Program Files (86)\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll

The solution was to add to the path system variable the folder in which file
msvcr71.dll could be found, in this case I added

;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\

to the system path.

Xerte 3 is installed in c:\ Program Files (86)\XerteProject

I have created a project in Xerte and added a panel to the Application.

However when I try to build the project I am getting the following displayed
in the output window.

************
mxmlc -accessible=true -optimize=true -incremental=true -target-player 10.1
-debug=false LearningObject.mxml
-output=C:\xerte3Projects\ProjectTest\bin\LearningObject.swf
-library-path+=C:\Progra~1\XerteP~1\Xerte3\lib
-source-path=C:\Progra~1\XerteP~1\Xerte3

fcsh: Assigned 1 as the compile target id
command line: Error: unable to open 'C:\Progra~1\XerteP~1\Xerte3\lib'Use
'mxmlc -help' for information about using the command line.(fcsh) (fcsh)

Do I need to be adding further paths to the system path?
Are there problems installing or running Xerte on 64 bit systems?

Kind regards

Johnathan