[Xerte] XERTE 2.15 - Translation to spanish.

Jose Diaz xt4mhz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 15:17:50 GMT 2010

Hi Patrick and no problem with the accent ;-)

Some years ago I did some work with eXe Learning team to help de translations to spanish. Mainly, I did a tutorial to spanish community to enable them to use eXe.

I have not started to use XERTE deeply, but I would like to initiate the process translating the software and learn how to use it in the process.

What do you think if we setup some online space to start this translation process. I dont know how the multilanguage support is implemented in XERTE, but depending on it, we can find a web-based system to translate it collaboratively.

I've seen how Webgui (CMS) is doing it here:

http://i18n.webgui.org/

Or with "gettext":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_gettext
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html

This way, I can invite others to participate in the translation process and will reduce the time. Besides, you will able to use the translations in a format which would require less modifications to implement them.

I am not a AIR/Flex programmer but I read this article:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/flex/articles/localizing_flex_air_apps.html

And found this help:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=l10n_1.html

Both of them to localize AIR/Flex apps.

Bu the other hand, if you have a "Faculty Manual of Xerte" I can translate it to spanish. Probably the best way to do it is in a Wiki environment or something.

What do you think?

Thanks again.

José.

--
Lic. José Gregorio Díaz Unda.
Asesor de Tecnologías de Información y Comunicación.