[Xerte] Some sandbox issues?

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 11:05:32 GMT 2010

Lilian firstly make sure cache settings are always set to 'every visit to
page' when contributing to a server rather than just viewing web pages this
is important.

Screenshot 7dRw
Sometime 2 or more LO's appear because a user tries to create a new LO and
then gets a pop-up blocker message so enables pop-ups from the sandpit but
then creates the LO again rather than refreshing the browser. i.e. the LO
get's created the first time but doesn't appear because of the pop-up
restriction.

Screenshot 7dRx
There is an intermittent bug with the sandpit where upon first login the
login appears to have succeeded but hasn't which can lead to these errors.
Refreshing the browser and logging in again should resolve the problem. This
seems to happen with IE more than other browsers.

Screenshot 7dRA
I think this is the login problem again. I know most college PC's probably
only have IE installed so worth carrying around portable Firefox on USB for
testing this kind of thing.

Any message sent to TechDis Admin about the sandpit will probably come to
me. There are a number of reasons why emails may not be received but the
email system is definitely working. Sometimes it's spam filters, sometimes
it's incorrect email entered, sometimes it's just that the server at both
ends isn't processing the mail in a timely enough fashion for the beginning
of a training session. Ideally it's always worth prompting delegates to
register in advance but I know that's not always possible. As a backup
there's always the shared account.

HTH
Ron