[Xerte] Xerte 3 Beta

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 30 09:32:34 BST 2010

Hi,

Adobe have now released the Flex 4 SDK, and so we can progress Xerte 3
to a beta as the underlying Flex framework is now stable. Download the
beta from the website. We need to work on some introductory tutorials,
and things will continue to change, but for now, feedback would be
really good.

Xerte 3 is a developers tool: you will write code. It has a much richer
framework, and some things that were a pain to do in Xerte 2 (like
create an accordion) are now done with one single icon. Other things
that were impossible to do in Xerte2 - like fluid layouts - are now
possible, and there are all the features of Flash player 10.1 - like
native 3D support can be exploited. It's all written in AS3 on top of
the Flex 4 SDK, and ou can check the source out of the svn if you're
curious about how things are put together,

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/downloads/xerte3beta.exe

Have fun,