[Xerte] Interface Volume Control -> awider considerationofnavigation in Xerte

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 11 13:14:47 GMT 2010

>I remember a Chess tutor book by Lasker that worked that way. It
explained a concept then gave you a game problem to solve, after which
you were given a number of possible responses. Depending on the response
you chose you were directed to a different page of the book. Correct
to the next concept. Incorrect responses lead you to a page that
explained why your solution would not work and then redirected you back
to the problem.

Make me a wizard that can do that. I once tried to make a wizard for a
conversation: you'd be asked questions, and depending on your answers,
would be asked further, different, questions. That got complicated very
quickly indeed. Fun to work on though,

You can remove the various controls as you need - you just need to know
how to get at them from your code.

Is this a trade secret or would you like to reveal more :-)

inspect(rootIcon) - you'll see them in there.

I know the code I need to support a back button and a home button. How
feasible would it be to add them to the desktop Xerte interface as
additional options? How could this be done?

Add them in to your entry frame.