[Xerte] Interface Volume Control -> a wider considerationofnavigation in Xerte

Peter Snowball southman at internode.on.net
Thu Mar 11 12:34:23 GMT 2010

We were going to approximate a sort of nonlinear navigation by hiding
certain icons in a number frame work(s) depending on the choice (say a
button) which the users make as the content is substantialy the same but
modified depending on the user choice (eg same frame work - different
navigation).  We would like to store this choice in some variable so the
user is reminded of the choice made and have the hide/show code related
to the frame work as can see it would get very tricky if you allow
layers of choices or changes to a number of frameworks .  This would
avoid breaking into several learning objects with essentially duplicated
content and avoid duplication of the choice. Forward and Back option
would allow navigation to follow a certain path depending on user choice
or based on a variable storing a previous choice.  Havent tried this yet
(storing a variable to hide icons etc ) so appreciate comment.

Peter Snowball
Dept Of Economic Development
Tasmania