[Xerte] Questions regarding custom interface and items

Koványi Gábor kovanyi at innotica.com
Wed Mar 3 15:13:45 GMT 2010

Dear All,

  I started exploring Xerte last week, and I have some questions regarding.

My purposes are to fully customize the visual items - interface,
navigation etc. and load the content from external xml files.

So let's see the details below:

I started with Xerte\wizards\Page Templates.xtp and created a new
template into a unique folder.

After I created a Title page, Plain text page, Graphics and Sound
Page, Flash Animation Page and then published.

I could click on the Learning Object Icon and at the Optional
properties there is a possibility to add a Custom Interface. My
question is regarding that how to create/re-design that custom
interface, where can I found the source file?

How can I handle the navigation related interactions? For eg. Disable
some interaction?

How can I change the property of a textfield unselectable? (is there
any as script to handle it?)

I would also like to create a custom title-bar. How is it possible? I
relaised when I select the interface icon and change the value of the
visuals property to 0, things are disappeares as navigation, titlebar
and the bottom menu. If I set the visuals to 2, navigation and bottom
bar still exists.

How is it possible to customize these visual aids? Can I assign visual
aids for a visual property number?

How can I disable/enable/customize the bottom bar?

Any advice are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Gabor