[Xerte] Questions regarding custom interface and items

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 15:28:29 GMT 2010

> I could click on the Learning Object Icon and at the Optional
properties there is a possibility to add a Custom Interface. My
question is regarding that how to create/re-design that custom
interface, where can I found the source file?

Use the example in templates/frameworks in your Xerte install folder.

> How can I handle the navigation related interactions? For eg. Disable

some interaction?
Which one?

> How can I change the property of a textfield unselectable? (is there
any as script to handle it?)
You can turn it off for the whole learning object on the LO icon:
selectableText

> I would also like to create a custom title-bar. How is it possible?
Do it in your custom interface swf.

> How is it possible to customize these visual aids? Can I assign visual

aids for a visual property number?
?Not sure what you mean?

> How can I disable/enable/customize the bottom bar?
Again, do it in the custom swf