[Xerte] Problems playing a Youtube video

Peter Snowball Peter.Snowball at development.tas.gov.au
Thu Aug 5 00:55:19 BST 2010

I have similar problem with YouTube and Wikipedia links. They  work fine in preview (xerte 2.12 using page wizards)  and when published  on my home computer on any browser .

However  in the departments 'secure' environment they only work in preview(xerte 2.12 using page wizards)  but not when published to a local drive or  CD and viewed through a browser (IE7 or latest firefox) inside the departments environment.

If I use the Xerte online templates through maxos on a portable drive  localhost (xampp server)  as the server within the department environment - all works fine  in preview and when published.

So I suspect that within the departments environment there are some flash player, firewall or browser security settings that stop flash accessing Youtube or Wikipedia links etc run locally.  Any ideas as to what may be the issue.

Peter Snowball
Department of Economic Development
Tasmania