[Xerte] walkthrough for installing toolkits

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed May 20 08:50:33 BST 2009

What errors do you get?

-----Original Message-----
From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of
jventola at verizon.net
Sent: 20 May 2009 02:13
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Subject: [Xerte] walkthrough for installing toolkits

I have a hosted account (on Siteground) and would like to install Xerte
toolkit.  (I've managed
moodle and drupal).  I am getting errors about setting up the database
when I run Setup. I
am a tad beyond total newbie status when it comes to mysql and php.
(Siteground has easy
installers for the packages it supports.)

Does anyone know of a walkthrough tutorial that might make it possible
for me to install this?
I've found information about installing on XAMP but not on a hosted
account.

BTW, I did at least check that the file permissions on the folders
mentioned in Setup were ok.
But I could not find the Loaed Configuration File's path as given in PHP
Info using Filezilla.