[Xerte] Questions about Using Toolkits for larger User-base Deployments

Vince Byfield vince.byfield at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:16:40 GMT 2009

Hello all,

New user here--very impressed with Xerte.

Has anyone currently tested Xerte Toolkits with a significant number of
users (say 100+) authoring and publishing their own content? If so, I'd like
to hear from you. Specifically:

   - What sort of scalability issues are you running into?
   - What security precautions are you taking?
   - How are you handling users who wish to collaborate on documents?

Also, we are planning to auto-authenticate to an MSSQL 2005 database instead
of LDAP. Has anyone tried this already? If so, please let me know what
problems you encountered along the way.

Many thanks :-)

Vince.