[Xerte] Learning Object Properties

steve.frank at lucite.com steve.frank at lucite.com
Tue Mar 24 11:41:22 GMT 2009

Now that I know how to change the background colour using script, I now
want to allow the user to choose the colour using a colour picker.

I've added a colour picker to my entry page (mainPage.addColourPicker),
added a 'selectColour' interaction to the same page and to this I've added
an event that listens for the colourChange event to be broadcast by the
mainPage icon. The script attached to this event should then set the fill
colour  (rootIcon.beginFill(mainPage.colourPicker.colour,100)) before
drawing the background rectangle.

Two problems:-

Firstly the colourChange event does not appear to be being broadcast by
mainPage - or if it is, my event is not picking it up. How should this
intyeraction be setup?

Secondly, I don't appear to have the correct syntax for getting the new
colour from the colour picker - how do I do this?

Any help appreciated!

Steve
Lucite International Group Limited. Registered in England No. 5671799.
Registered Office: Queens Gate, 15-17 Queens Terrace, Southampton SO14
3BP, United Kingdom
Holding Company for the Lucite International Group

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal offence. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. The sender has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail however the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and consider this lack of security when e-mailing us.