[Xerte] Inclusion of close captions onvideofiles anduseofplaylists

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 22 23:58:48 BST 2009

Yea, an event model is the way to go.

I still have Authorware hangover, where the reception of an xml file does not necessarily mean it is accessible, i.e. a FileIO status check would tell me the file was received, but it still had to be parsed into a usable xml tree.
So I'd loop check until the last element in the xml was available. That way I knew for sure the whole thing was ready to go.

But as Julian mentioned, SendAndLoad must not fire an event until the parsing has already taken place, so no need for loop checks.