[Xerte] custom interface initialization

Marc Torruella Altadill mtorruella at viguera.com
Wed Apr 22 11:42:02 BST 2009

Hi everyone,

I've developed a .swf which I wanna use as a custom interface for xerte, it
has a initialization function in the first frame actionscript, which looks
like:

function loadMenu(lang:String, aTemes:Array, t:Number, p:Number){

                arrayTemes = aTemes;

                idioma = lang;

                tema = t;

                pagina = p;

                numTemes = aTemes.length;

                for(i=0;i<numTemes;i++){

                               this.attachMovie("MenuBg", "menubg"+i,
this.getNextHighestDepth(), {_x:30, _y:150+50*i});

                               this["menubg"+i].MenuBgText.text =
arrayTemes[i]["tema"];

                }

                marcaTema();

                posicionaTemaPagina();

                fw.debug(lang+"  "+t+"  "+p);

}

Now, in xerte I've set interface swf to my swf, and visuals to 0, tested and
its fine.

Then I've created a script page inside the interface object, with this code:

idi=new String("");

var te:Number;

var pa:Number;

arrayT = new Array();

arrayT[0] = new Array();

arrayT[0]["tema"] = "tema 1";

arrayT[0]["pagines"] = 1;

arrayT[0]["paginaReal"] = 1;

te = 0;

pa = 1;

interface.loadMenu(idi,arrayT,te,pa);

Function doesn't seems to be called. I also tried interface.clip.loadMenu.
I'm quite new with both xerte and flash, so be comprehensive J.

Thank you very much for your time,

Kind regards,

Marc