[Xerte] Text Icon Field with Fill

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 8 14:24:17 BST 2008

Hi Kent,

Welcome to the list.

I just made a quick RLO as a proof of and it seemed to work ok.

Here is what you do

1) Give the text icon an ID property from the drop down list (in this
example I have given the text icon the Id of textarea)
2) Put a script after the text icon
3) In the script put the following two lines

textarea.beginFill(0xFF0000, 100);
textarea.drawRect(textarea._x,textarea._y,textarea._width,textarea._heig
ht,5);

text_area._width will be 400 unless you've changed it, so you may need
to approximate this.

hope this helps

Pat