[Xerte] Positioning icons relative to the previous icon.

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Wed Nov 19 21:59:22 GMT 2008

I'm attempting to build a table using multiple text icons. I'm using
individual text icons for each cell in combination with drawBorder in a
script icon. I've been manually computing the y coordinate by adding the
height of the previous icon to the y coordinate of the previous icon.
It's time consuming, and I'm thinking there must be a better way. I've
tried variations of icon.previousSibling._y, but it seems to be
returning 0 (or, more likely, undefined) because it always ends up at
y=0.

I've currently got icon.previousSibling.attributes.y +
icon.previousSibling.attributes.h as the y property, but that makes the
text disappear completely (perhaps it's off the stage?). Do I just have
the wrong property, or is this because the properties of the
previousSibling are unknown when the next icon is encountered?

 Paul Swanson
 Instructional Designer
 Harland Financial Solutions
 800.274.7280 Ext. 2462