[Xerte] Transitions

paul.beckwith at acns-group.com paul.beckwith at acns-group.com
Sat Jun 21 17:02:27 BST 2008

	Ive tried this and I can get them working fine apart from the one I
need which is the 'wipe' transition...

	Here's what im putting. . .

	p6base.wipe('in',5,'None','easeNone', 4);

	Any ideas why it wont work?

	Paul
 On Mon , "Tenney Julian" Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk sent:
   st1:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui) }  @font-face {
font-family: Verdana; } @page Section1 {size: 595.3pt 841.9pt;
margin: 72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; } P.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt;
MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } LI.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
} DIV.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY:
"Times New Roman" } A:link { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
} SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline }
A:visited { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline }
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
} SPAN.EmailStyle17 { COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Arial;
mso-style-type: personal-compose } DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 }
OK, I have re-written the transitions to use mx.transitions, and
basically wrapped all the different types as methods of the icon
superclass (i.e. all icons can do these transition methods). I've
removed the old methods because (as you say) they didn't work well,
and presumably no-one is using them much anyway because no-one is
complaining they don't work well.     The methods you have are:
id.fade(dir, duration, easing, easeType) id.zoom(dir, duration,
easing, easeType) id.wipe(dir, duration, easing, easeType,
startPoint) id.fly(dir, duration, easing, easeType, startPoint)
id.squeeze(dir, duration, easing, easeType, dimension) id.iris(dir,
duration, easing, easeType, shape) id.blinds(dir, duration, easing,
easeType, numStrips, dimension) id.dissolve(dir, duration, easing,
easeType, xSections, ySections)   notes: dir is the string 'in' or
'out' easing is one of the following: 'Strong', 'Back', 'Elastic',
'Regular', 'Bounce', 'None' easeType is one of the following:
'easeIn', 'easeOut', 'easeInOut', 'easeNone'
  startPoint is 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9 dimension is 0 or 1 (vertical /
horizontal) shape is 'circle or 'square'   Icons will fire the
'onMotionComplete' event when each is complete.     There is also a
new iconID.tween method for tweening any other properties:
id.tween(property, begin, end, duration, easing, easeType);   which
also fires onMotionComplete.     Have fun,     J
-------------------------
 FROM: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] ON BEHALF OF Paul
Beckwith, AC&S Ltd
 SENT: 15 May 2008 14:58
 TO: 'Xerte discussion list'
 SUBJECT: [Xerte] Transitions
	I have noticed that not all of the transitions listed in the Xerte
help work correctly and that if you use more than one transition
within a page it breaks it.
	Are there any other available transitions or is it possible to
somehow access the mx.transitions class and use it’s methods?
	Thanks.
	Aerospace Consulting & Services Ltd

	Engineering, Training, Consultancy [1]
	PAUL BECKWITH