[Xerte] Editing products of templates?

Lockley Patrick Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 14 14:48:15 BST 2008

Hello,

Sorry for the delay on this one as it's more advanced than I'm used to
:)

The RLT - Holds all the code and complicated actions to allow the xml to
work when ran in the player.
The XWD is a Xerte Wizard - this configures the page types of the wizard
The XML is the data made by using the template and wizard

If you open the RLT, it will use the XML file to populate itself -
changes are saved then saved to the XML.

The XML needs the other two parts to make sense of it. Xerte normally
opens and saves RLOs - but this is when you've not set up a template.

If you want to do two different things (features wise) make two
templates (a basic file set is one RLT, one xwd and one initial XML -
only the XML will change as the user develops it).

Merging across templates would involve cuting and pasting XML at the
moment.

I'm not sure on the file types - an XTP is all the files a template
would need (it's a zip file renamed).

Hope this helps (Julian will be back next week with no doubt a better
answer).

Pat