[Xerte] XML loading

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 13:20:55 BST 2008

Thanks Julian, got it working, but this is where I start to get messed up with A/S.

I had to change your pseudo
new XML('');
new XML('');
But it also seems I can leave it as new XML() and it works as well.

This works and triggers the sendAndLoad event in myPage, as expected:
myXML = new XML();

But so does this: (though it does not trigger an event and I have to check the result further down the flow)

dave_xml = new XML();
fred_xml = new XML();

Notice the parameters in the sendandload are inverted.
The return value in the first case goes into a (default?) object called serverXML
The return value in the second case goes into daveXML, the XML object I declared.

So Flash seems to be pretty loose with the function structure?