[Xerte] XML loading

Tenney Julian Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 7 16:15:42 BST 2008

>So Flash seems to be pretty loose with the function structure?

No, not really. xml.sendAndLoad is a native method of the XML class in
Flash; iconID.sendAndLoad is a method of the Xerte ICON class. It's done
this way so that the icon can broadcast the event, as I can't hook up an
XML object to Xerte's event broadcasting abilities. AS you point out,
the params are inverted - when I wrote the icon method
iconID.sendAndLoad(objectToSend, placeToSendIt) seemed to make more
sense.