[Xerte-dev] Re: Released several fixes to 3.01

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Wed Sep 9 15:39:58 BST 2015

Yes, that's really the best. If you fix it in devlop, and also separately in
master, we could end up with conflicts when trying to merge develop into
master again.

If it's really a 1 line fix, you could also consider to fix it in master, and
merge into develop.

You generally want to do the fix on a hotfix branch (from master), push it to
github, ask others to review, cq. test it, and than merge into master and
develop.

Tom

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 14:16:41 +0000 Fay Cross  wrote

 I'm pretty sure there's a problem in this line breaks hotfix code. From what
I can work out toolbox.js goes through every page's attributes and if the XML
is from the old editor it calls addLineBreaks function to look at whether the
attribute text needs to be adjusted so line breaks aren't lost. This works ok
for text stored in an attribute but not where the text is in the CDATA (e.g.
text, bullets, advanced image pages). I don't think text in here is being
looked at.

 I can fix this - should I do it in another hotfix then? And then merge into
master like below? It will just be a change to 1 file. I just wanted to check
as I've only made changes in develop before.

 Thanks

 FROM: xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
[mailto:xerte-dev-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] ON BEHALF OF Tom Reijnders
SENT: 24 August 2015 09:32
TO: For Xerte technical developers
SUBJECT: [Xerte-dev] Released several fixes to 3.01

 L.S.,

 Over the weekend, I merged the hotfix branch (linebreaks) and several fixes
done on develop into master (3.0) and set a annotated tag v3.01. Effectively
this means that vesion.txt now shows 3.0 (v3.01...).

 Everything is also merged into develop.

 As a reminder, if you know a fix has to end up in the current release, you
should:

 * create a hotfix branch of master
 * implement the fix
 * test test test
 * merge the hotfix branch into master and into develop

 Only do this for fatal bugs.

 This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not use, copy
or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily
reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. This message has been
checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain
software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to
perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of
Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.