[Xerte-dev] Apereo and Governance

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 14:08:57 BST 2014

Good people,

I have chopped up the governance doc I sent round a few weeks ago, and populated the github wiki with it. Now is the opportunity for discussion and suggestions, and then I think, we should probably vote to accept it! It is a work in progress, largely from the OSS Watch meritocracy template, and I am more than happy to make changes to it: however, I do feel it represents the project well, and from previous comments it seems we are fairly close to a consensus around it: https://github.com/thexerteproject/xerteonlinetoolkits/wiki.

I think the github wiki should limit itself to being for contributors and potential contributors: how the project works, and how to get involved and contribute, the governance model, decision making and all that good stuff. I think technical / user focused info (like upgrade guides) need to be on the community site (though I've kept in there for the time being because I didn't want to delete it).

The Nottingham web site will remain essentially a stub for the project.

Once we complete this, we will tick off a number of items on the Apereo project plan:

*         A project governance structure should be created to oversee the project.

*         Standard voting practices should have been adopted.

*         The project must have adopted a conflict resolution policy.

*         Release plans should be developed and executed in public by the committers.

Julian