[Xerte-dev] Re: Video playback quality in html5 LOs.

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Thu May 15 12:02:31 BST 2014

On 15/05/14 11:25, Julian Tenney wrote:
> When we went through all this, the most important thing was that the user only had to upload one file: I think that's important, so would look for the automagical solution.
>
> Any automagical solution would need to be licensed appropriately for redistribution.
>
> I do wonder if the quality thing is down to the quality of the video uploaded (silk purse and sows ear?).

That's an interesting expression. I hadn't come across that before.

Is there a standard/definition for what can be in the LO's data.xml?

We had the issue that the user uploaded a video in flv format, which
didn't playback. Transcoding it to .mp4 fixed the issue.

Can the editor restrict the file format(s) uploaded at all?

I presume the non-HTML5 variant of XOT required FLV videos?

David.

--
Pale Purple Ltd

PHP Web application development and support

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
@PalePurpleLtd
07792 380669 / 0845 0046746