[Xerte-dev] Re: Video playback quality in html5 LOs.

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu May 15 12:56:50 BST 2014

Yes, that's why an flv snuck through: the door is open to flv for those still using the flash runtime. But we should get to a point when Flash is dead to us soon.

If you upload high quality video, it will play back high quality as things stand. If you upload poor quality, it doesn't matter how you re-encode it, it will remain poor quality.

If you automagically encode it to different formats, you have to make some big assumptions and there are trade-offs between quality and bandwidth.