[Xerte-dev] Re: Data Loss: Any idea?

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 13:43:39 GMT 2014

Were you able to compare preview.xml and data.xml?

Is it defintely the same LO or could it me an older copy?

Anythng in the recycle bin of the same name?

As you say everytime I've seen this it's also been because the xml has been
broken - never that whole pages have dissapeared without the xml being
broken. Sometimes it's been possible to recover the lo by removing the
broken preview.xml and replacing with a copy of data.xml or manually closing
the broken section. I can't see how it's possible to lose pages without the
xml being broken but sounds like it is?

A while back Alistair was having regular problems with broken xml and in the
end it seemed to be due to broadband connection problems.

Any automated server backups? Indeed could someone have overwritten the
later version during a restore?

HTH

Ron