[Xerte-dev] Data Loss: Any idea?

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 29 13:17:06 GMT 2014

I have a user who reports having 29 pages in an LO when she last closed it, now there are only 17.

The file is a complete xml file with opening / closing <learningObject> tags intact, and doesn't appear to be a fragment, or to be cut off in the middle. The XML passes the W3C validator.

Any idea what could have happened to cause the pages to get lost? This is a more advanced user, and the LO has some custom mark up in I (which I did) but I didn't experience any issues building the templates. Every other data loss situation I have come across has been with a file that just ends somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a fully intact xml file and have the user report lost data before.

I'm at a bit of a loss really.