[Xerte-dev] Re: Export Code

David Goodwin david at palepurple.co.uk
Tue May 1 13:16:28 BST 2012

<snip/>

> provider but not at my request! - won't support ZLIB either. These are both
> fairly deadly to Moodle 2.2. and the LDAP issue could be a serious problem
> for XoT; I'm not sure if the export code uses ZLIB or not, it's said to
> create performance issues.

As of Sunday, XOT's trunk can authenticate against :

1. Moodle (no XOT login page will be shown; Ron has apparently tested this).

2. A static predefined list (See library/Xerte/Authetication/Static.php)

3. A database (see library/Xerte/Authentication/Db.php for hints/docs) (not yet tested)

4. LDAP (See library/Xerte/Authentication/Ldap.php)

5 Have no authentication - i.e. guest user access (See library/Xerte/Authentication/Guest.php) - no login page will be shown; this is the default behaviour ATM.

To specify which, edit config.php - to define $xerte_toolkits_site->authentication_method (I think).

It would be fairly trivial to add in e.g. a POP3 validator if required - or write your own custom one.

I'm toying with the idea of removing the dependency on MySQL and allowing XOT to use SQLite - which would make demo/test deployment a lot easier (no need for a database, no need for authentication - just upload to a PHP server and it would just work as a guest user) … but I'm not sure yet. I suspect there are quite a few mysql_query's I've not removed from the code base.

Thanks
David.

Pale Purple Ltd.  (Company No: 5580814)
'Business Web Application Development and Training in PHP'

http://www.palepurple.co.uk
Office: 0845 0046746     Mobile: 07792380669

Follow us on Twitter: @PalePurpleLtd