[Xerte-dev] Re: New Build

Pat Lockley patrick.lockley at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:59:09 GMT 2012

I just have loads on of my own stuff to do (and I don't get anything
directly from XOT). The code has been out there for testing for four
months after all.

I think we sort of need a roadmap though - because now we've got a
deadline that is Nottingham's and it is defining everyone's work. But
the majority of the work here isn't being done by Nottingham (and is
for free). At some point a Nottingham person is going to have to start
coding on this again, and it'll be a bit weird (because we've got
different coders doing different things, that database queries are
sort of PDO in some parts, and not PDO in other parts).

I get the feeling this is just a growing pain, but we could do with
some thoughts on say

What will tag / branch 1.9 be?

What sort of coding standards are there (the only thing really I would
say is text strings for internationalisation are upper case - but some
of the commits are indent changes - so are we going drupal like? I
don't mind what we do - it just makes sense for people looking to
commit changes they know it'll work. Once we got a commit for the PHP
header change for the export code, but I never committed it because it
broke Nottingham's export function. This isn't a big deal, but the
idea of nightly build, or a test version before approval makes sense?
Some sort of PHP doc commenting per file (@file version 1.1 timestamp
(unix time at that point?). At the moment there aren't a lot of people
supporting the PHP side - and as David says bits are him and bits are
me - but I don't understand all of his as well - so there is a point
where support will get awkward.

If everyone uses bugfixes.txt as well that helps a lot, so all fixes
are explained simply and listed for people to use. That way everyone
can be on the most up to date version without worrying about anything.
I know the SVN does it, as does the RSS feed - but it's not obvious or
tied to the install in any place.

Pat