[Xerte-dev] Re: New Build

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 7 17:12:09 GMT 2012

Yes, I think this is just growing pains as well. I don't want the deadline to sound like we are imposing one: that's not really what I'm driving at, I'm just trying to coordinate several activities, and resources here are scarce. In time we will have people's capacity to look at stuff again. Maybe it's better to be much more incremental, rather than trying so much at once. There has been loads of activity in the last six months, and I'm really grateful for it. I'm hopeful that the PHP will eventually really stabilise - and we can't think of anything it doesn't do (!).

I think in the end I'm starting to think of the Xerte Project belonging to the community, rather than to Nottingham - at least that's the direction of travel, with us contributing in part along with everyone else. Our new site is very minimal, just the old one, re-focusing on toolkits as the main product and sorting out some nomenclature re: Xerte 3 which just confuses everyone, and I'm hopeful we get the new community-based site off the ground in the next six months as well.

1.9 will be the first html5 output. I hope, for October.