[Xerte-dev] language attribute

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 11:36:58 BST 2012

Every model seems to have language en-GB set in it.

If I recall correctly, you said they shouldn't. Before I delete them all, is that the case?

We are never going to get this finished if, when people find issues, they don't fix them. So in this case, fixing the three recently edited files was good, but it would also have been good to think 'how many other models have this in them?'

C'mon guys.

You said:

Just a reminder.

when updating any of the model files in xerte svn / runtime / pages / models

During the testing and development of your update Xerte may insert the text

language="en-GB" into the first line of your model e.g

    <PG title="New Window" name="newWindow">

will become

    <PG  language="en-GB" title="New Window" name="newWindow">

Typically this will happen if you create a page in a pages project using the page type you are modifying and then save the model after making changes and testing them.

You need to remove the

language="en-GB"

text from the first line as it may compromise the use of the model in files developed in other languages than english.

I have just corrected this in three files that have been edited recently

hotspotImage.rlm
list.rlm
newWindow.rlm