[Xerte-dev] Translation support of Wizard

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Sat Apr 14 07:45:03 BST 2012

Julian,

(or any other person that is able to work on the flash code)

I added translation support to the wizard, i.e. I am trying to
accomplish that.  That will be the final step for this release.

-  We will have the code for a complete translated version of XOT
- Only the Editor will remain in English, I think that is acceptable for
now.. I don't have the time to add translation for that at this point.

I've got two issues.

1. I somehow have to embed a language code t=in a project, to be able to
set the language correctly when reopening a project. What is the best
way to do that?
2. I can't get the labels of the two check boxes (Advanced and Language)
changed into a new language string. Could you please have a look at
attached .fla what I am doing wrong, cq. missed?

What did I change?

1. Added some attributes to the language-config.xml file
2. Added a language chooser in the Pages menu of the editor
3. Pass the 'language code' to the wizard as a third option
4. Created  English and Dutch wizard language files
5. Used these in attached .fla file

Everything is committed, except attached .fla, because I want to figure
out what I did wrong with the check boxes, and the translation is not
complete yet.

NOTE:
1. The wizard already had a version of XML.prototype.toObject, but that
version expects unique XML nodes throughout the file (so no set of
<item> for a combo box etc). I wanted to keep the look of the xml
relatively close to what you did for the engine, but I didn't want to go
over the wizard to change all the code if I changed the toObject that
interprets the xwd. So I added a second version XML.prototype.toArrObject.
2. Most of the work is done in a function called setTranslation (line
2533) that is called after the language file has successfully been read
in (in function  init)