[Syrphidae] unknown milesiine

Francis Gilbert Francis.Gilbert at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Nov 22 19:55:46 GMT 2023

Great - thanks Kevin !

Francis

From: Kevin Moran <syrphidae at kevinmoran.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2023 7:13 PM
To: Francis Gilbert (staff) <plzfg at exmail.nottingham.ac.uk>
Cc: syrphidae at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [Syrphidae] unknown milesiine

Hi all,

This is an undescribed genus and species which belongs in the subtribe Sericomyiina. It is likely sister to all Sericomyia. Though I am waiting on a final tree to be certain of this. An earlier one placed it sister to (Macrozelima + Teuchocnemis) with this clade sister to Sericomyia.

It was included in the big phylogeny. I have a series of males and females and will describe it as part of the paper or in a separate paper alongside which deals with descriptions of new genera and species included in the AHE phylogeny.

Best,
Kevin