[Syrphidae] unknown milesiine

Kevin Moran syrphidae at kevinmoran.com
Wed Nov 22 19:12:43 GMT 2023

Hi all,

This is an undescribed genus and species which belongs in the
subtribe Sericomyiina. It is likely sister to all *Sericomyia*. Though I am
waiting on a final tree to be certain of this. An earlier one placed it
sister to (*Macrozelima* + *Teuchocnemis*) with this clade sister to
*Sericomyia*.

It was included in the big phylogeny. I have a series of males and females
and will describe it as part of the paper or in a separate paper alongside
which deals with descriptions of new genera and species included in the AHE
phylogeny.

Best,
Kevin