[Syrphidae] Re: Assigning common names to species

Sander Bot botsander at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:50:37 BST 2022

Hi all,

I now see that it concerns six species only, which are not in the field
guide. However, we have 'common genus names' so it would still be nice to
stick to these, so Wasp Fly for Sphiximorpha, Leafwalker for Chalcosyrphus
and Forest Fly for Brachypalpus. We do not have a genus name for
Primoceroides since it is not occurring in our region, so that one is
entirely open, good luck!

Cheers,

Sander